A pair of white shoes will give you a lovely and fashionable appearance, but keeping them clean is not simple. When we’re out on the road, the sole of the shoe easily picks up dirt. How to clean white sneaker soles so that they look like new? This article will provide you with 7 different ways to clean white soles on sneakers:
- Using white vinegar and baking soda
- Using toothpaste
- Using dishwasher detergent
- Using laundry detergent and lemon
- Using nail polish remover
- Using peroxide
- Using an eraser
How to clean white shoe soles is no longer a hard task. Now is the time to practice and maintain a clean shoe sole!
Table of Contents
Using White Vinegar and Baking Soda
Vinegar is a common household item with antibacterial and cleaning features, as well as the ability to deodorize. Baking soda has a whitening effect and is especially good for oily stains. For cleaning white shoe soles, vinegar and baking soda are always mentioned first. The following steps will show you the best way to clean white shoe soles with these two ingredients:
- Step 1: Mix vinegar into water with a 1:1 ratio, then add one spoon of baking soda to the mixture.
- Step 2: Wipe the shoe soles with a clean towel dipped in the mixture.
- Step 3: Allow the mixture to stay on the shoes for a few minutes, then wipe it away with a moist cloth.
- Step 4: Check if the yellow stains on the soles have faded and repeat the wiping until you’re satisfied.
The toothpaste you use daily has a powerful whitening effect and it’s always readily available at home. To clean white sneakers with toothpaste, you need to follow this procedure:
- Step 1: Wipe the dirt off the shoe soles with a clean, moist towel.
- Step 2: Put some toothpaste on an old brush and start scrubbing the unclean areas.
- Step 3: Leave the paste on the shoes for about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove the toothpaste from the shoe soles with an old scouring pad and water.
- Step 5: Wipe away the toothpaste with a moist cloth and check the results.
Using Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher detergent is another effective material to clean the shoe soles in a few minutes. This is a safe method that will not damage your shoes and will deodorize them.
- Step 1: Mix two teaspoons of dishwasher detergent into water and add a pinch of salt.
- Step 2: Rub the stains on the shoe soles with a soft brush dipped in the solution.
- Step 3: Repeat until the sole is clean, then wipe it off with a wet cloth.
Using Laundry Detergent and Lemon
Laundry detergent with lemon is another shoe soles whitener. Lemon can disinfect, clean, and give shoes with rubber soles a pleasant smell. The combination of laundry detergent and lemon will be perfect for cleaning your shoe soles.
- Step 1: Mix a teaspoon of detergent with a little lemon juice, making sure the mixture is solid. If it feels liquidy, add more detergent.
- Step 2: Using a brush, wipe this mixture all over the shoe soles.
- Step 3: Let the mixture sit on the shoes for 5-10 minutes before rinsing them with warm water.
Using Nail Polish Remover
For yellow stains on shoe soles, the methods above aren’t sufficient. A stronger technique, such as nail polish remover, is required. Chemical nail polish should be used with caution because it can harm your hands. This is how you do it:
- Step 1: Clean the soles first to make sure the dirt is removed.
- Step 2: Use a soft brush dipped in nail polish remover against the yellow stains.
- Step 3: Leave nail polish remover on the shoes for 5-10 minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth.
- Step 4: Dry the shoes under the sunlight.
- Step 5: Check the soles after drying. If the yellow stains have not improved, you can mix nail polish remover with a teaspoon of baking soda and repeat the process.
You can watch more here:
Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful bleach that can remove stains from the soles of shoes, even if they have been worn for a long time and contain stubborn stains. Peroxide is not only good to clean white rubber shoe soles, but also canvas or leather shoes.
- Step 1: In a large mixing dish, combine warm water and a drop of hydrogen peroxide.
- Step 2: Dip your soles into the mixture and leave them there for 30 minutes. Make sure no other portions of the shoe end up in the mixture except the soles.
- Step 3: Remove the shoes from the solution after 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. Then, brush away the stains with a soft brush until no sign of hydrogen peroxide remains.
- While hydrogen peroxide is a powerful bleach, it can also bleach other parts on your shoes. You must use it with caution to avoid damaging other areas of the shoe.
- Hydrogen peroxide mixed with water should be very diluted to avoid adverse effects.
- Hydrogen peroxide is harmful for your skin, so make sure you wear gloves during the process.
Using an Eraser
An eraser is your savior if the white rubber soles have black scratches. The method is very simple. Erase them like you would with a pencil mark on white paper. Use white or black erasers instead of colored erasers; colored erasers might cause scratches that are counterproductive.
How to clean white shoe soles is easy now that you know all the most effective methods. With just a few basic items as white shoe soles cleaner, you can have a pair of shoes with clean, shining soles. You are no longer concerned when you look at the stained, old shoe soles. Start treating stains and give your favorite shoes a new look!