How to Clean Nike Shoes With Mesh to Renew Them
Nike is a well-known shoe brand that is adored by people all around the world. Mesh shoes are one of the most popular styles of Nike sneakers because of their attractiveness and convenience.
That is why any shoe lover should have at least one pair of Nike mesh shoes in their collection. Mesh shoes, on the other hand, are more vulnerable to dirt, which can ruin the appearance of your shoes and make them unclean over time.
How to clean sneakers with mesh is a challenge for many people who want to make their shoes look new. White mesh sneakers are more difficult to clean than leather shoes since they absorb dirt more easily. So what do you need to do to clean white Nike mesh shoes?
This article will show you 5 simple methods to solve the question of how to clean Nike shoes with mesh: use vinegar, bleach, dish soap, shaving cream and sneaker cleaner. We also give you some tips on drying your mesh shoes properly. Find out the answer below!
Clean Mesh Shoes When They’re Dry
When the shoes are dry, slamming them on the ground and shaking them will easily remove the light stains from the dust. If you’re still unhappy, lightly brush over the dusty areas with a soft, dry brush. This will only work on dust and dry stains; liquid stains like chili sauce or coffee will not work. You should execute this step first to ensure that the shoes are clean before moving on to the following stage.
Note: Don’t rub so hard on your mesh shoes or else the mesh will be damaged. Just use a soft brush and gently scrub the unclean areas. And make sure your shoes are dry for the best result.
5 Easy Ways to Clean Running Shoes With Mesh
For stubborn stains, you need to find more effective methods to deal with it. And 5 procedures to clean running shoes with mesh we introduce below will help you make the mesh shoes rejuvenate!
1. Using Vinegar to Clean White Mesh Shoes
Vinegar is a useful and familiar trick to clean, which you can find anywhere. Besides white vinegar, you need to prepare a spray bottle and a soft brush.
- Step 1: Fill white vinegar into the spray bottle and spray them on the dirty areas.
- Step 2: Use a soft brush to scrub your shoes gently.
- Step 3: Dry the shoes under direct sunlight for 1 or 2 hours.
- Step 4: If the stains do not improve, add vinegar once again to make your shoes wet and sprinkle baking soda on them.
- Step 5: Rub the dirty areas and rinse with water.
2. Using dish soap to clean the Nike mesh shoes
It is easy to use dish soap to clean your Nike shoes because you always have dish soap available at home. And the process is very simple as below:
- Step 1: Apply the dish soap and a few drops of water to the stains.
- Step 2: Scrub the shoes with a toothbrush until you see it’s foamy on the dirty areas.
- Step 3: Rinse with water until the shoes are totally clean.
3. Shaving cream can help to clean Nike white mesh shoes
Shaving cream is not well-known to have a cleaning effect, but it can help get rid of the stains on mesh shoes. Be mindful to choose the white foam kind instead of gel shaving cream. And here is the process:
- Step 1: Put a little shaving cream on the dirty areas.
- Step 2: Use a cloth or soft brush to rub the shoes in a circular motion.
- Step 3: Leave the shoes for 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Check the stains, if the result is not better, leave the shoes with shaving cream overnight.
- Step 5: Rinse the shoes with water and wash them with a wet cloth.
4. Clean white mesh shoes with shoe cleaner
Shoe cleaner is a biodegradable solution that will clean mesh shoes perfectly. Only a small amount is required to keep shoes as clean as new. Many companies tailored this sneaker cleaner for white mesh shoes, which you can buy online or at shoe stores.
All you need to do is apply the sneaker cleaner on dirty stains and rub them with a soft brush. After the stains fade, rinse the shoes with water and dry them in a ventilated room. This product even works on the shoe soles for the best result.
5. Bleach can be used for white mesh shoes
Bleach should not be used on mesh shoes since the strong cleaning action can damage the delicate fabric. If all other methods fail to remove the stains from your shoes, you can attempt bleach, but do so at your own risk. To complete the cleaning process using this method, you will need a washing machine.
- Step 1: Put dirty shoes in the washing machine (prefer using a washing bag to protect the shoes)
- Step 2: Pour ¼ cup of bleach into the washing machine and turn on the washing process.
- Step 3: Take out the shoes and dry them in a ventilated room.
How to Dry Mesh Shoes Properly
You now know how to clean tennis shoes with mesh, but that is only half of the story. Mesh shoe drying is also an important process that you should be aware of. Because mesh sneakers are sensitive, you should avoid using a hair dryer to dry them. The mesh will be severely damaged by the direct heat. And here is the instruction recommended by some experts to protect your mesh shoes:
- Step 1: Put dry paper towels or old newspaper inside your shoes (Newspaper is not highly recommended as it may leave ink smears on the shoes)
- Step 2: Let your shoes air-dry overnight.
- Step 3: Take out the towels and leave the shoes until they are completely dry.
You can dry mesh shoes under the sunlight to eliminate the bacteria and stinky smell. However, too much sunlight might cause the mesh to dry out, causing your shoes to lose their shape. As a result, while drying in the sun, choose a location where the sun is moderate, as this will be better for your mesh shoes.
You are armed with 5 methods on how to clean Nike shoes with mesh and the process to dry them properly. It is preferable to progress from a soft to a stronger strategy until you achieve the greatest results for your shoes. Remember, those mesh sneakers are quite delicate, and you must always be cautious to avoid destroying your favorite pair. Hopefully, you’ll be able to keep the Nike mesh shoes as clean as fresh so that they can be your faithful travel buddy.