How to Clean Adidas Shoes to Always Maintain Their Stunning Look?
Adidas is one of the most famous shoe brands in the market now. To survive in this ever-changing world of fashion, it must have significantly desirable features and maintain a high customer retention rate. Thanks to a variety of dynamic and youthful designs, along with sustainability and fashionability, Adidas meets the needs of the most demanding guests.
However, if you are inexperienced in cleaning, every pair of shoes will quickly get old and discolored. If you want to prolong their lifespan and maintain a stunning appearance, it’s necessary to know how to clean Adidas shoes well. In this article, you will find the easiest hacks to clean different Adidas production lines, including sneakers, suede shoes, superstars shoes, and Cloudfoam shoes.
Let’s jump in!
Cleaning Different Parts of an Adidas Pair of Sneakers
To clean white Adidas, it is important to separate different parts of a shoe to see where to start. There are three parts that you need to pay attention to while washing Adidas shoes, including the outside, shoelaces, and insoles.
Let’s begin with the outside of Adidas. You will need the following equipment:
- A brush
- Warm water
- Laundry detergent
- A soft cloth
Adidas cleaning includes these steps:
- Step 1: Remove any debris from your footwear. Don’t do this indoors to avoid getting grime on your carpet. To remove encrusted stains and dirt, rub the bottoms of your sneakers together a few times.
- Step 2: Using a fresh toothbrush, remove stubborn debris clusters from the bottoms.
- Step 3: Use mild detergent and lukewarm to clean your sneakers. Soak a towel in a basin of water after adding a teaspoon of Adidas cleaner. Using the rag, scrub the soles and upper portions of your footwear. Wipe the cloth back and forth any debris areas to remove them.
- Step 4: Rinse off the detergent with clean water and let it dry overnight.
Apart from the outer area of a shoe, shoelaces are important and vulnerable when you clean them improperly. To keep Adidas shoelaces always shiny, you may need:
- A stain remover (The best recommendation is a spray bottle.)
- A toothbrush
- Washing machine
Then, follow these steps to reach the best outcome:
- Step 1: Remove the shoelaces from your Adidas shoes. Rather than cleaning these two together, separate washing is recommended.
- Step 2: Marks and blemishes should be removed with a mild stain remover. Spray the cleaning solution straight on the laces. Top Tip: Based on different stain removers, decide whether you need a waiting period.
- Step 3: Use a toothbrush to stroke the laces to avoid fabric damage. Then, wash it in the washing machine alongside other clothes. Top Tip: With white shoelaces, launder them with other light colors clothes to prevent dye absorption and color alteration.
- Step 4: Leave it to air-dry overnight.
The last part: Insoles
Insoles are often ignored by many wearers since they aren’t aware of their importance. However, insoles serve as transaction support during movements while providing you with great comfort. To clean this part, here’s what you need:
- Baking soda
- A brush
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Similar to shoelaces, it’s better to wash insoles separately. So, pull it out of the sneakers first.
- Step 2: Allow the footbed to rest undisturbed after sprinkling them with baking soda. Sodium bicarbonate will absorb any unpleasant scents on the cushions that are driving your shoes to stink. Just apply an adequate amount of baking soda. Stop when you see it cover the entire area of the insoles.
- Step 3: Use a brush and get rid of the baking soda from the insoles. When all the baking soda has been removed, reinsert the soles in your footwear.
What About Other Types of Adidas Shoes?
Now you know how to take care of different parts of Adidas sneakers. It will work probably the same in other types of this shoe brand. However, some are vulnerable and need more proper care. We will introduce you more clearly here.
How to clean Adidas Suede shoes
Suede shoes are a high-quality, expensive line of Adidas shoes. Like many other shoes of this company, this type helps the wearer express their personality while bringing comfort and convenience. However, suede shoes are very susceptible to stains. To clean this type of shoe, you can refer to the following steps.
Tools to prepare
- Warm water
- Old toothbrush
Details of how to clean suede Adidas shoes
- Step 1: Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the spot. For stubborn stains, you can scrub a little harder. You can also prepare a suede polisher or a white eraser to clean these stubborn stains.
- Step 2: After that, remove the insoles and shoelaces to wash them separately and put the shoes in a basin of warm water to rinse and completely remove the dirt. Top Tip: Please check the cloth tag on the shoes carefully to see if they can withstand water. Many shoes require a dry wash.
- Step 3: Hang the shoes in a cool place and let the shoes dry naturally.
How to clean Adidas superstars?
Adidas Superstar shoes are must-have items and have gained a reputation among youngsters. These shoes can be combined with many outfits, creating a youthful trait of the wearers.
But unfortunately, keeping white Adidas Superstar shoes clean is challenging. Of course, you cannot just put Adidas superstars in the washing machine since it can damage your shoes. But our tips here may help:
- Step 1: Prepare a light detergent mixture:
Pour a few drops of soap into a small cup of water to make a cleaning solution. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
Pro Tips: Never use over one teaspoon of soap in your mix nor bleach to clean your shoes. These two detergents will spoil the original outer area of an Adidas superstars pair.
- Step 2: Clean your Superstars:
Apply your mixture to a shoe cleaning brush and scrub the shoes in a circular motion. Continue the work until it starts to foam. You can use a toothbrush to clean soft fabrics and unreachable parts of the shoe. Don’t rub your shoes too hard or you may scratch them.
- Step 3: Dry process:
After cleaning Adidas Superstar shoes, gently wipe the foam from the Adidas with a soft clean cloth. Place some newspaper pads inside your shoes to absorb the remaining moisture. Give your shoes some time to dry naturally. You can replace the newspaper if you want it to dry faster.
Pro Tip: Do not apply a hair dryer or any other heat source to dry your shoes since excessive heat can damage them.
Some Extra Tips to Clean Adidas Shoes
An outstanding exception: Cloudfoam shoes
Cloudfoam shoes are unlike any other types we listed above, so it is a little confusing to wash Adidas cloudfoam shoes at first. However, if you know the trick, it’s just a piece of cake!
All you need to do is wrap an Adidas cloudfoam pair in a pillowcase and use laundry detergent to wash it in a clothes washer set to cold/gentle. Insoles should also be cleaned to help remove stink smells.
- Don’t soak the footwear too long in water since the excess moisture will spoil its form and fabrics.
- Do not leave shoes in a humid place. Besides taking a long time to dry, it can cause yellow stains and unpleasant odors for the shoes.
Adidas shoes are fashionable but need proper care. Hopefully, you found out how to clean Adidas shoes with this article. Which one is your favorite part? You can leave a comment and share this post if you find it helpful